µPD720114 is a compact and environment-friendly USB 2.0 hub controller. With a 2.5 V regulator for the core logic, USB terminating resistors, and other resistors provided on-chip, µPD720114 greatly reduces the number of external components required. Power-saving technology has been introduced to reduce the power consumption significantly, both during operation and in stand-by. Supporting up to 4 downstream ports, each with a LED port status indicator, the µPD720114 hub controller is best suited for USB hub boxes, PC monitors, and port replicators.
- USB-IF Certified (Test ID = 30000001, 30000004)
- Compliant with the USB 2.0 specification
- Supports up to 4 downstream USB ports
- Integrated "Transaction Translator" with support for the "split transaction" protocol
- Designed for both bus-powered and self-powered uses
- Automatically detects the upstream port speed. Supports both high-Speed and full-Speed hubs.
- Number of ports and power management are configurable via external pins. No need for an external serial ROM.
- Integrated overcurrent protection
- Supports LED port status indicators
- Lead (Pb) free, 48-pin TQFP package (7 x 7 mm, 0.5 mm pitch)
- Lead (Pb) free, 40-pin QFN package (6 x 6 mm, 0.5 mm pitch)
- USB 2.0 Hub Controller
- Compliant with the USB 2.0 specification (Max. transfer rate: 480 Mbps)
- 30MHz Clock
- 3.3 V external operating voltage (2.5 V on-chip regulator for core)
Internal Block Diagram
- USB Hub Box
- PC monitors
- Port replicators, docking stations
- Printers, scanners, and other peripherals
|µPD720114GA-YEU-AT||48-pin Plastic TQFP (7mm x 7mm) Lead(Pb)-Free|
|µPD720114K9-4E4-A||40-pin Plastic QFN (6mm x 6mm) Lead(Pb)-Free|
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Resources for Software and Hardware
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|
|Video||Watch videos related to this product.|