The ISL22102IR20Z-EVAL and ISL22102IV20Z-EVAL evaluation boards are used to evaluate the ISL22102 32-tap, push-button, dual audio logarithmic potentiometer with buffer amplifiers and audio detection (XDCP™).
The ISL22102 integrates two digitally controlled potentiometers (DCP) with buffered wiper outputs and an internal bias voltage generator (VB) on a monolithic CMOS integrated circuit. The wiper position is adjusted by the user through simple Up and Down push buttons, ideal for stereo volume control in audio applications.
Each potentiometer is implemented using 31 polysilicon resistors in a logarithmic array. Between each of the resistors are tap points connected to the wiper terminal through switches. When powered up, the wipers are reset to the -20dB position.
- Dual audio control – Two 32-tap log pots
- Buffered wiper outputs
- Audio detection with threshold input and controlled delay
- Zero amplitude wiper switching (ZAWS)
- Simple push-button interface
- Auto increment/decrement after 1s button press
- Standby mode
- Mute function
- Total resistance: 18.5kΩ each DCP (Typical)
- Voltage operation
- VCC = 2.7V to 5.5V
- AVCC = 2.7V to 5.5V
- Temp Range = -40 °C to +85 °C
- Pb-free (RoHS compliant)
- Set-top boxes
- Stereo amplifiers
- DVD players
- Portable audio products