The High-performance Embedded Workshop provides a GUI-based integrated development environment for the development and debugging of embedded applications for Renesas microcontrollers.
The High-performance Embedded Workshop, a powerful yet easy to use tool suite, features an industry standard user interface and is designed using a modular approach seamlessly incorporating device family-specific C/C++ compilers and the debugger elements for various debugging platforms including emulators and evaluation boards.
This provides the user with a single interface to fully exploit the advanced capabilities of the development tools for the entire development cycle from evaluation of a device through to completion of code development.
The High-performance Embedded Workshop enables the use of the right tool for each process. The High-performance Embedded Workshop supports multiple toolchain integration enabling development for any number of projects under a single user interface.
The High-performance Embedded Workshop eliminates the need to switch environments between coding and debugging operations or between targets as all Renesas software and hardware development tools are supported under the same single user interface.
Compiler packages for the target products include High-performance Embedded Workshop.
- Code and debugging support for SuperH, M32R, M16C, R8C, H8SX, H8S, and H8
- Single environment for toolchain and debug component support
- Choice of Network or Node-locked toolchain for Renesas and IAR compilers
- Automatically generates start-up code for every supported CPU
- Double click on build error and warnings to jump into the integrated editor
- User definable custom build steps to integrate your own additional command line based tools
- Full simulation capability
- Supports advanced debugging features such as code profiling, performance analysis, code coverage and trace features
- Integrated Editor with color keyword functionality.
- Visual display of CPU hardware set-up
- Graphical display for the number of execution cycles per function
- Display of Cache hit-rate and pipeline state
- Comprehensive breakpoint functionality
- Visual debug functions including picture and waveform display
- Single session save for build and debug
- Macro-Recording Support function [Learn More]
- Test Support function [Learn More]
- Auto Update Utility [Learn More]
- Integration with third party tools
- Learn More