Achieve intelligent linkage and power saving with the Smart Power Strip featuring the RL78/G10 low pin count, compact, low power general-purpose microcontroller.
The Smart Power Strip is a popular household appliance, which is widely used in intelligent linkage control and power saving of connected devices.
This Smart Power Strip solution features the RL78/G10 low power consumption, small package MCU. It can control the power supply of multiple terminals in conjunction simultaneously, such as a mainframe computer (master device) and a monitor (slave device), or a television with a set-top box and router, etc. The timer function of the RL78/G10 can detect when master outlet is turned on or off and supply power to slave outlet automatically when master outlet is on.
- Minimum instruction execution time: Can be changed from high speed (0.05μs at 20MHz operation with high-speed on-chip oscillator) to low speed (1.0μs at 1MHz operation)
- General-purpose registers: 8-bit register × 8
- ROM: 1KB to 4KB, RAM: 128B to 512B
- Selectable high-speed on-chip oscillator clock: 20/10/5/2.5/1.25 MHz (TYP.)
- On-chip single power supply flash memory
- On-chip debug function
- On-chip selectable power-on-reset (SPOR) circuit
- On-chip watchdog timer (operable with the dedicated low-speed on-chip oscillator)
- On-chip key interrupt function: 6 key interrupt input pins
- On-chip clock output/buzzer output controller
- On-chip BCD (binary-coded decimal) correction circuit
- I/O port: 8
- 8/16-bit timer: 2 channels
- Serial interface
- CSI: 1 channel
- UART: 1 channel
- Simplified I2C communication: 1 channel
- 8/10-bit resolution A/D converter: 4 channels
- Standby function: HALT or STOP mode
- Power supply voltage: VDD = 2.0V to 5.5V
- Operating ambient temperature: TA = -40 °C to +85 °C
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.