Ensure consistent and timely intake of medicine by patients with the Smart Medicine Box featuring the Renesas RL78/G13 low power general-purpose microcontroller and ISL9120 low power buck-boost regulator.
The Smart Medicine Box is designed to ensure consistent medicine intake by patients. Using a dedicated smartphone app, users can setup their phones to display reminders, manage their personal medication status, and much more.
This reference design features the embedded RL78/G13 MCU which communicates with a Wi-Fi module via UART. The real-time clock (RTC) count value can be calibrated and the alarm time set or cleared from the Renesas IoT Sandbox via MQTT. Alarm time data is stored in the data flash.
The ISL9120 high efficiency buck-boost switching regulator further enhances power control efficiency.
- Minimum instruction execution time: Can be changed from high speed (0.03125μs at 32MHz operation with high-speed on-chip oscillator) to ultra-low speed (30.5μs at 32.768kHz operation with subsystem clock)
- General-purpose registers: (8-bit register × 8) × 4 banks
- ROM: 16KB to 512KB, RAM: 2KB to 32KB, data flash: 4KB to 8KB
- Selectable high-speed on-chip oscillator clock: 32/24/16/12/8/6/4/3/2/1 MHz (TYP.)
- On-chip single power supply flash memory
- Power management and reset function
- On-chip power-on-reset (POR) circuit
- On-chip voltage detector (LVD) (select interrupt and reset from 14 levels)
- On-chip debug function
- On-chip key interrupt function
- On-chip clock output/buzzer output controller
- I/O port: 16 to 120 (N-ch open drain I/O [withstand voltage of 6V]: 0 to 4, N-ch open drain I/O [VDD withstand voltage EVDD withstand voltage]: 5 to 25)
- 16-bit timer: 8 to 16 channels
- 12-bit interval timer: 1 channel
- Real-time clock: 1 channel (calendar for 99 years, alarm function, and clock correction function)
- Watchdog timer: 1 channel (operable with the dedicated low-speed on-chip oscillator)
- Serial interface
- CSI: 2 to 8 channels
- UART/UART (LIN-bus supported): 2 to 4 channels
- I2C/Simplified I2C communication: 2 to 8 channels
- 8/10-bit resolution A/D converter: 6 to 26 channels
- Internal reference voltage (1.45V) and temperature sensor
- Direct Memory Access (DMA) controller: 2/4 channels
- Multiplier and divider/multiply accumulator
- 16 bits × 16 bits = 32 bits (Unsigned or signed)
- 32 bits ÷ 32 bits = 32 bits (Unsigned)
- 16 bits × 16 bits + 32 bits = 32 bits (Unsigned or signed)
- Standby function: HALT mode, STOP mode, SNOOZE mode
- Power supply voltage: VDD = 1.6V to 5.5V
- Operating ambient temperature: TA = -40 °C to +85 °C
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.