The ZL8801 is a dual-phase digital DC/DC controller optimized for current sharing. As many as 4 ZL8801’s can be operated in parallel to provide even phase counts between 2 and 8 phases. The ZL8801 incorporates compensation-free ChargeMode™ control to achieve single-cycle transient response. ZL8801 can also be used with the ISL99140 40A DrMOS Power Module to simplify layout and allow for extra design flexibility.
The ZL8801-2PH-DEMO1Z demonstration board is a 6-layer board demonstrating a 2-phase 80A synchronous buck converter. Sequencing, margining, plus other features can be evaluated using this demonstration board.
The ZL8801-4PH-DEMO1Z demonstration board is a 6-layer board configured as a 4-phase 160A synchronous buck converter. Sequencing, margining, fault spreading and other features can be evaluated using this board.
A USB to PMBus™ adapter module is used to connect the demonstration board to a host PC running Microsoft Windows.
- 2-phase 80A synchronous buck converter with compensation-free ChargeMode control
- Designed to be easy to use and modify. Optimized for small circuit footprint and dynamic response
- Configurable through PMBus
- VIN range of 4.5V to 14V, Vout adjustable from 0.54 to 2.0V (Device can be adjusted to 5.5V with 6.3V output capacitors)
- Enable switch and power-good indicator
- 160A 4-phase synchronous buck converter with ChargeMode™ control
- On-the-fly Vout control
- Configurable with PMBus
- VIN range 4.5V to 14V
- VOUT range 0.54V to 3.6V
- I2C/SMBus interface, PMBus compatible
- Output voltage and current protection
- Servers/storage equipment
- Telecom/datacom equipment
- Power supplies (memory, DSP, ASIC, FPGA)