ISL78229 and ISL78227 are automotive grade (AEC-Q100 Grade 1), 2-phase 55V synchronous boost controllers intended to simplify the design of high power boost applications. These devices enable simple, modular design for systems requiring power and thermal scalability, and offer highly robust solutions for the most demanding environments.
The ISL78229EV1Z board demonstrates the 2-phase synchronous boost operation and PMBusTM functionalities of the ISL78229. It verifies the high efficiency of synchronous boost operation and all the features of the IC including input Constant Current (CC) control, analog/digital tracking, diode emulation, phase dropping, PMBusTM functions, etc.
Combined with the Intersil PowerNavigatorTM Software as the GUI and the included USB to PMBusTM Adapter (dongle, ZLUSBEVAL3Z), the user can conveniently evaluate the ISL78229’s PMBus™ functionalities, which provides access to a number of useful system control parameters and diagnostic features.
The ISL78227EV1Z board demonstrates the 2-phase synchronous boost operation of the ISL78227. It verifies the high efficiency of synchronous boost operation and all the features of the IC including input Constant Current (CC) control, analog/digital tracking, diode emulation, phase dropping, etc.
- Input/output voltage withstands 55V DC and 60V transients
- Input average Constant Current (CC) control loop
- PWM and analog track functions
- Forced PWM operation with negative current limiting
- External synchronization
- Selectable Continuous Conduction Mode (CCM), Diode Emulation (DE) and Phase Dropping (PH_DROP) modes
- Comprehensive protections
- Selectable Hiccup or Latch-off fault responses
- I2C/PMBus™ compatible digital interface to control/monitor operation parameters - ISL78229EV1Z Only
- Boards can be stacked for parallel operations
- Monitoring test points for key signals
- Automotive power system (e.g., 12V to 24V, 12V to 48V, etc.)
- Trunk audio amplifier
- Start-stop system
- Automotive boost applications
- Industrial and telecommunication power supplies