The ISL6524EVAL1 evaluation board is a 4-output regulator solution targeted at supplying power to the microprocessor core (1.05V - 1.825V), AGTL+ communication bus (1.2V), 4X AGP video (1.5V), and the ICH/MCH chip set core (1.8V).
The ISL6524 VRM8.5 PWM and triple linear power system controller provides the power control and protection for four output voltages in high-performance microprocessor and computer applications. The IC integrates one PWM controller and three linear controllers, as well as the monitoring and protection functions into a 28-pin SOIC package. The PWM controller regulates the microprocessor core voltage with a synchronous-rectified buck converter. One linear controller supplies the computer system's AGTL+ 1.2V bus power. The other two linear controllers regulate power for the 1.5V AGP bus and the 1.8V power for the chip set core voltage and/or cache memory circuits.
- Provides four regulated voltages - Microprocessor core, AGTL+ bus, AGP bus power, and north/south bridge core
- Drives N-channel MOSFETs
- Linear regulator drives compatible with both MOSFET and bipolar series pass transistors
- Simple single-loop control design
- Fast PWM converter transient response
- Excellent output voltage regulation
- VRM8.5 TTL-compatible 5-bit DAC microprocessor core output voltage selection
- Power-good output voltage monitors
- Overcurrent fault monitor
- Motherboard power regulation for computers
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.