The ISL6310EVAL1Z board evaluates the ISL6310 and is a 55A to 60A regulator solution targeted at supplying power to the designated load. The physical board design is optimized for 2 phase operation and ships out configured to provide one of the following four output voltages (0.6V, 0.9V, 1.2V and 1.5V) depending on choice of the REF1, REF0 combination set by DIP switch U2, but can be easily modified to provide any output voltage values in the range of 0.6V to 2.3V by means of resistor divider composed of R90, R81.
The evaluation kit consists of the ISL6310EVAL1Z evaluation board, the ISL6310 data sheet, and this application note. The evaluation board is optimized for two phase operation without droop, the nominal output voltage is 1.5V (with DIP switch U2 set to 11 position) and the maximum output current is 60A.
- DIP switch for DAC (REF) voltage selection from four possible values (0.6V, 0.9V, 1.2V and 1.5V)
- Footprint for a resistor divider for output voltage adjustment up to 2.3V
- Onboard transient load generator to facilitate the evaluation process
- On board LED is present to indicate the status of the PGOOD signal
- The board is configured for down conversion from 5V to 12V to the REF setting
- High Current DDR/Chipset core voltage regulators
- High Current, Low voltage DC/DC converters
- High Current, Low voltage FPGA/ASIC DC/DC converters