The ISL34341KIT1Z evaluation kit enables the user to exercise the SerDes in a lab environment and to see the high speed and parallel signals conveniently on an oscilloscope. The ISL34341 kit uses a Rosenberger cable. The ISL76321 uses a Molex cable and can be substituted anywhere you see ISL34341.
The ISL34341 Evaluation Kit is designed to be flexible in order to allow for examination of our chip in several different ways. The ISL34341 device has built in patterns that can be activated through I2C write to the appropriate register. There are built in patterns that are designed for scoping the serial data as well as a built in PRBS generator and detector. It should be noted that these features are always available even in a completed system for testing or debug.
The user also has the ability of injecting video of the same type as the target application. By using these two methods, we believe that evaluation of the ISL34341 can be done both quickly and effectively.
- 1 Deserializer Board
- 1 Serializer Board
- Rosenberger cable for high speed serial traffic
- Provisions for user customization Built in patterns
- Activated through I2C write to the appropriate register
- Designed for scoping the serial data
- Built in PRBS generator and detector
- 3.3V Power Supply, 1A – applied to the I2C hub
- 50MHz function generator – supply PCLK_IN to both boards
- Windows PC with USB– configure the device through the I2C bus
- 500MHz oscilloscope– minimum for signal observation
- Navigation and display systems
- Video entertainment systems
- Industrial computing terminals
- Remote cameras